Skin problems arise because of lack of knowledge. Read on to know what skincare mistakes to avoid.
1. Failure to read labels. Products may contain harsh chemicals that harm the skin like SD-40, a.k.a. isopropyl alcohol that causes irritation, acne, brown spots, and premature aging for sensitive skin. Choose those with natural ingredients.
2. Over-exfoliation. Combining products, like an exfoliating cream with an acid-based moisturizer can cause skin inflammation because of too much harsh chemicals. Be gentle with your skin.
3. Pricking pimples and blemishes. This habit breaks down the follicle wall, permitting entry of bacteria and worsening your skin condition. As a remedy for swelling, use a sulfur mask instead.
4. Over-moisturizing habit is not good for women with dry skin. This only clogs the pores even more. If the climate’s too dry, use a good humidifier to help you moisturize.
5. Drinking less water and not eating healthily contributes to premature aging. Load up on essential fatty acids.
6. Buying the wrong sunscreen. Applying sunscreen even during night time and winter season is essential. But choose those with titanium and zinc that protect without clogging pores.
7. Sleeping with full makeup. The dirt and chemicals damage the skin overnight, so always cleanse before sleeping.
8. Inadequate sleep disrupts your body’s natural recharge process, including the secretion of hormones for healthier complexion. Get adequate sleep every day.
9. Failure to change makeup for years. With fingers as applicators, containers of beauty products may have accumulated bacteria. The same holds true for brushes and sponges. Cleaning or changing them regularly helps.