1. Oatmeal nourishes the body with essential omega-3 fatty acids, beta-glucan, fiber, vitamins (e.g. thiamine), and nutrients (e.g., iron). It helps in glucose regulation, cholesterol reduction, and immune system boost.
2. Oats help absorb oil and treat acne. Apply cooked oats on the problem area and leave for a few minutes before rinsing.
3. Place a jar of oatmeal in the fridge or spray over ashtrays to neutralize the bad smell.
4. Treat your skin irritation and sunburn problems with oatmeal, known for its soothing and pore-tightening powers.
5. Skin itchiness in pets can also be relieved with a good oatmeal bath.
6. Give yourself a nice oatmeal bath, too, to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. Put 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp honey, and 2 cups raw oats into your usual lukewarm tub, and indulge in it for 15 minutes.
7. Known for exfoliating, DIY oatmeal masks are trendy nowadays. Create one by combining grounded oats, baking soda, and water. Then apply the paste on your face.
8. Have fun using nontoxic oatmeal clay. Simply add a cup of oats with flour and water, and leave overnight.
9. Eat oatmeal 3 hours before workout to improve endurance, burn fats faster, and even prevent cancer, research confirms.
10. Oatmeal flour contains less calories and more fiber. Use it for your breakfast cookies, bread, and pancakes.
11. Turn used oatmeal boxes to artsy containers for dry condiments, toiletries, and even office supplies.